Lego Master Building Evening Camp 9 and Up - July 2021
LEGO STEM Master Builder Camp
This fun-filled, 4 day camp (3 hrs per day) will give students the opportunity to learn from an award-winning LEGO Master Builder on how LEGO works and how to build more advanced creations. Students will employ STEM principles each day which will strengthen their engineering, mathematical and logical-thinking skills. Graduates will receive a "Master Builder" Certificate.
Bricks will be supplied for all the challenges and with the "Keep the Bricks" upgrade option the students will be able to take their creations home with them.
Prizes will be either a LEGO built trophy and/or a buildable set relevant to the challenge.
Day 1: Building Basics
- Identify Different Kinds of LEGO elements
- Understanding Size/Shapes
- Understanding S.N.O.T. (Studs not on Top)
Day 2: Advanced Building Techniques
- Students will learn about how details/textures take their models from good to great
- Students will build a house of their imagining using the skills they’ve learned so far.
Day 3: Deconstruct/Reconstruct
- Students will take apart an existing model then build something entire new with those parts.
Day 4: Race Day!
- Students will build a car and race it against their classmates for the Race Cup Trophy!