Outdoor Defense Oil is a great Non-Toxic and high-quality way to finish – or refinish – your outdoor projects. It’s made with 100% Pure Tung Oil , Pine Oil, and Zinc. We all know about Zinc in sunburn skincare products. The zinc helps to prevent mold and mildew while also offering UV protection. Use as an outdoor wood finish to protect the beautiful wood grain or on concrete, stone, and any absorbent material. This also works great as a cedar garden bed oil and it provides decking protection. Generally, 3 to 5 coats give moderate protection. More coats only if the wood will accept it. The Outdoor Defense Oil does not build up on the surface but absorbs deep into the wood pores. This food contact safe oil leaves a natural texture to the wood surface. Will provide a matte finish. Do not apply directly under the hot sun, as the oil will polymerize very fast and leave a frosty, rubbery surface. It does not need to be thinned with a solvent . Ready to be used right from the bottle! Hang rags outside separately to dry before disposing of.
There are so many uses for Outdoor Defense Oil. Here are a few, but the exterior wood applications are really endless!
- Raised Garden Beds
- Picnic Tables
- Wooden Adirondack chairs
- Log Pine Wood Furniture
- Wood Fencing
- Front Porches
- Concrete Patio
- Park Benches
- Wooden Storage Sheds
- Over Real Milk Paint®
- Sample oz. covers 1 sq. foot
- 16 oz. covers 50 sq. feet
- 32 oz. covers 100 sq. feet
- Gallon covers 400 sq. feet
- Example: One Gallon would cover 400 sq. feet one time.
- Shake well before use
- Environmentally friendly wood oil that provides a warm glow to your outdoor furniture, concrete, stone, brick, bare wood, exteriors, deck protection, siding….and well you name it.
- Can be mixed with any other of our Tung Oil Products (i.e. Pure Tung Oil, Dark Tung Oil, Dark Half, Half & Half)
- Use ventilation until the solvent is evaporated from the finish, about 2-4 hours
- NOTE: Not for use over oil-based sealer type stains or other finishes. Store in a moderate temperature.
- Hang rags separately outside to dry before disposing of.