100% Recycled Sari Yarn
The possibilities are endless with this gorgeous rainbow colored recycled sari yarn. Our customers have created jewelry, woven items, scarves, home decor, baskets, and more with our sari products. The texture is slightly silky and the colors and shades vary from inch to inch, making it a joy to use in crochet or knitting projects.
An Eco-Friendly Yarn
Our recycled sari ribbon and yarn is is made from the remnants of the sari industry in India. Women in neighboring villages collect the new fabric remnants that would typically be thrown away and create gorgeous hand spun yarn from its fibers. The funds earned from making recycled sari yarn helps them support their families while keeping these scraps from being added to a landfill.
* Please note: this product is hand-dyed. The skein you receive may vary in color inch by inch from the skein shown because each skein is representative of its dye lot.
Returns are only accepted if the skein has not been unwound.
The Important Stuff:
- Material: 100% Recycled Sari Silk Yarn
- Quantity: Roughly 70 yards in a 100g hank (sold by weight, not length)
- Color: Shades of hot pink, fuschia, magenta, and purple.
- Weight: Heavy
- Gauge stitches per inch: 4-5
- Needle size: 4.5-5.5mm
- Hook size: G-HCare: Hand wash